[Insight-users] itkDemonsRegistrationFunction.txx

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Dec 8 19:23:31 EST 2007

Hi Luzhentai,

The Demons filter computes a deformation field by using the
concept of "optical flow".  The incremental contribution
to the deformation field is computed by estimating the gradient
of the image at the position of the current pixel.

You need a neighborhood of a pixel in order to compute its
gradient.

In this case, the neighborhood of the current pixel is provided
by the superclass, that is sequentially visiting all the pixel
of the image.