[Insight-users] Wrapping of SurfaceExtraction

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Thu Dec 6 14:39:50 EST 2007

Le 6 déc. 07 à 19:57, David Konerding a écrit :

> On Dec 6, 2007 10:53 AM, Gaëtan Lehmann
> <gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr> wrote:
>>
>> Le 6 déc. 07 à 19:47, David Konerding a écrit :
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am using the Python wrappers for ITK and couldn't find
>>> SurfaceExtraction support.
>>> Is it correct this is not wrapped in 3.4?  Is it wrapped in the CVS
>>> tree?
>>>

> Hello Gaëtan:
>
> I was referring to the manual and example:
>
> InsightToolkit-3.4.0/Examples/Filtering/SurfaceExtraction.cxx
> which uses the class
>
> BinaryMask3DMeshSource

Ok, much clear for me now :-)
Unfortunately, this class is not available for now, mainly because of
my lack of knowledge in everything which use the mesh.
I can add a wrapper for that class, but I'm afraid, if you want to
work with python an ITK in that field, you will soon be stuck by
another missing class.

There shouldn't be any major difficulty related to wrappers in adding
those class. The difficulty is in choosing a consistent set of
template parameters.
If someone with someone with some knowledge on that subject can build
that set, I would be happy to add the corresponding wrappers in ITK.

I will add the BinaryMask3DMeshSource class in python next week, with
the template parameter in the example you have cited.

Gaëtan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann
INRA de Jouy-en-Josas (France)