[Insight-users] deformation field accumulation

Minjie Wu minjiewu at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 13:55:55 EST 2007

Dear All,
I am trying to look into the ITK demons registration code and have some
difficulties in understanding the accumulation of the deformation field
between iterations.

As in demons registration algorithm, the updating deformation field was
u =  (g-f) *grad(f)/((g-f)^2+grad_mag^2).

My question is:
How u is used to update the deformation from the previous iteration f_pre
(previous deformation)? was it simple addition? the new deformation
field f_new  =  f_pre + u?

I wasn't be able to find the function in the ITK registration codes for this
field updating, and I appreciate if anyone can help me with any
information.

Thanks,
-Minjie Wu