[Insight-users] ManagedITK + vtkdotnet

Gareth Price Gareth.Price at physics.cr.man.ac.uk
Mon Dec 3 05:24:56 EST 2007

Hi there,

Sorry for re-activating an old thread, but this seems to be exactly the
subject I'm having problems with.

I've been messing about with vtkdotnet and ManagedITK for a couple of
weeks now with C++/CLI and can read images into ITK, process them and
then send them to VTK using the vtkImageImport class as demonstrated in
the previous message.

I've been trying the reverse recently, i.e. writing out the data buffer
from vtkImageData (using vtkImageExport) but have been unable to pass it
to a vtkImage instance.  I'm able to extract all the size, spacing,
scalar type information fine, and create an empty itkImage, just can't
figure out a way to transfer the pixel buffer.

Does anyone know how I might be able to do this?

From reading about, it seems that the native ImageToVTKImageFilter and
VTKImageToImageFilter are the easiest way of accomplishing this task. I
have no experience of wrapping itk classes (other than the little I have
read in the ManagedITK documentation and in compiling said software
using the supplied cMake files), but with a few pointers I am happy to
dedicate some time to trying to wrap these.

Many thanks, Gareth

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you have
received this e-mail in error you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy it. Please notify the sender immediately and
delete this e-mail from your system.