[Insight-users] ITK failing to build with icc 8.0

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Wed Apr 25 21:08:14 EDT 2007

Chris,

You sent an e-mail to the list-serve in 2005 about ITK not building with
icc 8.0. Did you ever find a solution?

ITK Users,
Is icc 8.0 still supported?

I was just trying to build a project for our cluster with ITK and VTK.
VTK is built with mpicc/mpiCC which is a wrapper around icc 8.0. For the
mixed project the C++ compilers must match. It seems that icc 8.0 has a
problem with ITK. Is this a known issue?

The last few lines of the make output look like this :

/home/khobbs/kitware/Insight/Utilities/vxl/core/vnl/vnl_vector_ref.h(25): warnin
g #1268: support for exported templates is disabled
  export template <class T>
  ^

Linking CXX executable ../../../bin/itkCommonTests
make: *** [all] Error 2

Rebuilding the MPICH ( and probably the Myrinet driver ) with gcc is
probably beyond my skill, but would solve a lot of issues. Is this the
only real solution?