[Insight-users] non-gradient base optimizer for 3D registration with versors

Moti Freiman freiman at cs.huji.ac.il
Sun Apr 15 06:18:22 EDT 2007

Hello,
I'm trying register two 3D volumes within the ITK framework using a new
similarity measure which has no analytical gradients.
Since the 3D versor optimizer in itk is based on a gradient decent
optimizer. i cannot use it with my similarity measure.
I tried to use the Powell optimizer with 3DRigidVersor transform but I got
the following message:
"All the points mapped to outside of the moving image"
It seems that powell is not optimized for the versor space.
1. Is there any option to build a non-gradient based optimizer for the
versor space as it done for gradient decent optimizer?
2. Any other suggestions to which elements i should use in my registration
process given that my similarity measure has no gradients?
Thanks,
Moti
--
__