[Insight-users] VC2005 compiler error in itk::CenteredEuler3DTransform::GetJacobian

Floca, Ralf Ralf.Floca at med.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Apr 11 05:42:04 EDT 2007

Hello

When compiling itk with Visual Studio 2005 SP1 there is a compiler error
in itkCenteredEuler3DTransform.txx (line 136).

The error is caused by the declaration of the return value as "const
typename Euler3DTransform<TScalarType>::JacobianType &". This should be
correct too, but somehow VC don't likes the specification of types via
the superclass.

The problem can solved by changing the declaration of the return value
From: const typename Euler3DTransform<TScalarType>::JacobianType &
Into: const typename CenteredEuler3DTransform<TScalarType>::JacobianType
&.

Should I report this bug or is it already known?
I have an account for the bug tracker and would add this error report my
self, but for me it is hard to determine if the bug is already reported.
I had no hits when using the search option and choosing supposedly
appropriate search words for the description field. But I cannot be
totally sure and going through all 684 bugs reported for itk could be
very tedious. Is there a way to query explicitly for files/bug
locations?

Regards,

Ralf o Floca

Ralf Floca