[Insight-users] Versor problem

tony hakki tony2007vtk at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 8 14:17:43 EDT 2007

Dear Luis;
I convert my STL data to itk pointset like that:first I read it with VTK ,then i converted vtk polydata to itk mesh and lastly i converted itk mesh to itk pointset with the following code?Is that code incorrect? Is there an easier way to convert vtkpolydata to itkpointset?

const unsigned int Dimension = 3;
typedef unsigned short PixelType;
typedef itk::PointSet< float, Dimension > FixedPointSetType;
typedef itk::Image< PixelType, Dimension > MovingImageType;
typedef FixedPointSetType::PointsContainer PointsContainer;
PointsContainer::Pointer pointsContainer = PointsContainer::New();
pointsContainer = input_mesh->GetPoints();
itk::PointSet<float, 3>::Pointer pointSet = itk::PointSet<float,3>::New();
pointSet->SetPoints(pointsContainer);
unsigned long pointId = 0;
typedef FMeshType::PointsContainer::Iterator PointsIterator;

PointsIterator pointIterator = input_mesh->GetPoints()->Begin();
PointsIterator end = input_mesh->GetPoints()->End();
while( pointIterator != end )
{
FMeshType::PointType p = pointIterator.Value(); // access the point
std::cout << p << std::endl; // print the point
pointSet->SetPoint( pointId, p );// advance to next point
pointSet->SetPointData( pointId, pointSet->GetBufferedRegion() );
++pointIterator;
++pointId;
}