[Insight-users] Need help with itkPointSetToPointSetRegistration

Dirk Hollstein Dirk.Hollstein at hsu-hh.de
Wed Apr 4 13:42:14 EDT 2007

Hello list,

I'd like to ask for help with the
itkPointSetToPointSetRegistrationTest example in ITK
(itkAlgorithmsTest2).

To understand how the example works, we changed the offset of the
moving point set by setting the fixed x, resp. y component from 0 to
100, such introducing an offset of 100 between the fixed and moving
point set:

point[0]=100;
point[1]=i;

instead of:
point[0]=0;
point[1]=i;   etc.

When running the registration with all other parameters unchanged,
the calculated distance is surprisingly about -75, not -100.

Next we changed the number of points, number of iterations,
gradientTolerance, valueTolerance, epsilonFunction, but none helped
to improve the result.
What can we do to register correctly? Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Dirk