[Insight-users] Read mnc files

Vincent Magnotta vincent-magnotta at uiowa.edu
Fri Sep 29 17:49:57 EDT 2006

Prename,

ITK currently does not support MINC files directly. A MINC 2.0 reader
was submitted to the Insight Journal
(http://insight-journal.org/dspace/handle/1926/191) by Leila Baghdadi to
read this files into ITK. You will want to download this code and see if
this allows you to read in the data. You are also encouraged to provide
a review of the software in the Insight Journal once you have downloaded
and tested the software.

Vince

Prename Surname wrote:

> Hello.
> I have brainslices taken in an MR-scanner.
> My first goal is to create a 3D image of all the slices, but before i
> can do that i need to be able to read them with itk/vtk first.
> As of now they are saved in the format .mnc, which i was really hoping
> itk/vtk can read.
> So my question is, how do i read .mnc images with itk/vtk, and if it
> cannot, then what format should i then convert them to instead?
>
> Many regards.
>
> P.S. Is it difficult to create a 3D model of my slices?

Assistant Professor
Department of Radiology
0453-D JCP
200 Hawkins Drive