[Insight-users] Registration Validation using Thin Plate Spline Warp

Kevin Ming ming.kevin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 14:13:06 EDT 2006

Hi,

I've created a synthetic image, deformed in the y direction according to the
following landmarks:

Source   Target
x   y   z  x   y   z
55 43 01 55 43 01
30 35 01 30 35 01
33 56 01 33 56 01

55 43 08 55 43 08
30 35 08 30 35 08
33 56 08 33 56 08

55 43 30 55 44 30
30 35 30 30 36 30
33 56 30 33 57 30

But when I applied the level set deformable registration, even though the
output came out near-perfectly, the deformation field does not match that
produced from the warping at all; all the vectors/glyphs point in the +/- z
direction, none in the y direction.  I've not made any modifications to the
warping algorithm than was originally provided by ITK, and I use ParaView to
visualize the deformation field as per described in the software guide, what
could have happened?

Thank you,
Kevin