[Insight-users] Help installing ITK, VTK etc

Prename Surname bsd.diverse at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 04:24:03 EDT 2006

Hello, i just installed ITK and VTK and have built it using cmake, where
everything went great.
Now i want to test my ITK/VTK installation using a example program i have
found in the tutorial
http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-II.pdf
I can make the program in cmake, and get my Visual studio project files just
fine, but when i then want to build the ALL_BUILD project, i get the error

fata error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'itkImageToVTKImageFilter.h': No
such file or directory

So i found out that i need the insightapplications in order to get these
h-files.

I then downloaded insightapplications and wantd to install. Now i then find
out that i need some FLTK library and q2 library also.

I tried then to download FLTK, and wanted to build it in cmake as well. This
went alright, but when i then ran the ALL_BUILD project in VS-2005, i get
loads of errors. So now my question is -
Which packages do i actually need? Is it really necessary to install all
these things if i want to use ITK and VTK, and if yes, i was hoping someone
could help me get a little overview of all pacakges needed.

The errors i get when i want to install FLTK are written below.

I really hope someone can help me out here.

Best of regards to all

Error 283 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "enum Fl_Boxtype __cdecl
fl_define_FL_GTK_UP_BOX(void)" (
?fl_define_FL_GTK_UP_BOX@@YA?AW4Fl_Boxtype@@XZ) referenced in function "void
__cdecl `dynamic initializer for 'boxmenu''(void)" (??__Eboxmenu@@YAXXZ
) Fl_Widget_Type.obj
Error 284 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "enum Fl_Boxtype __cdecl
fl_define_FL_GTK_UP_BOX(void)" (
?fl_define_FL_GTK_UP_BOX@@YA?AW4Fl_Boxtype@@XZ) fltk.lib
Error 285 fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals D:\skole\fltk-
1.1.x-r5479\bin\bin\Debug\fluid.exe 1
Error 286 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "enum Fl_Boxtype __cdecl
fl_define_FL_GTK_UP_BOX(void)" (
?fl_define_FL_GTK_UP_BOX@@YA?AW4Fl_Boxtype@@XZ) referenced in function
"public: static int __cdecl Fl::reload_scheme(void)" (
?reload_scheme at Fl@@SAHXZ) fltk.lib
Error 287 fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals D:\skole\fltk-
1.1.x-r5479\bin\bin\Debug\resizebox.exe
.
.
.