[Insight-users] Question on image to image metric implementations

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Sep 25 18:52:48 EDT 2006

Hi Markus,

Please read the ITK Software Guide

  http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

in particular the Image Registration Chapter,
and the section on "Deformable Registration".

You can use a BSplineDeformableTransform as the
spatial transformation in the Image Registration
Framework.  From the resulting BSpline you can
obtain a deformation fields.

You will find coding examples in that chapter,
and the source code of the example is available
at

     Insight/Examples/Registration

You may also be interested in the Demons registration
filter and the FEMRegistrationFilter.