[Insight-users] DeformableMesh3DFilter with an open mesh

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Sep 24 11:04:09 EDT 2006

Hi Georgi,

This is an unfortunate but normal behavior.

It is somehow due to the fact that the surface is open,
but it could occur also with closed surfaces.

In practice it means that you should massage more the
vector field that drives the evolution of the surface.

One option is to play with the stiffness of the surface,
Another option is to scale the values of the vector field.

You may want to look at the application:

    InsightApplications/
        DeformableModelSimplexMesh/

That give you a visualization of the mesh as it is deforming.
Such visual feedback is very useful for identifying the
parameters that may need to be fine tunned.