[Insight-users] modifying and writing dicom for 3D mri data set

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Sep 24 10:57:44 EDT 2006

Hi Matthias,

The ITK pipeline does not propagate the MetaDataDictionaries.
The reason is that we cannot guarantee that the values in
the dictionaries are still valid after passing one image through
a filter. [e.g. a regions of interest filter should edit also
the meta data dictionary in order to reflect the new number of
pixels in the image].

As a result, it is upto you to pass the MetaDataDictionaries to
the ImageIO class used for writing.

You may want to look at the example:

      Insight/Examples/IO/
          ImageReadDicomSeriesWrite.cxx