[Insight-users] Adding *.h and *.txx files that are in a folder...

Sonali Barua barua.sonali at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 20:36:34 EDT 2006

Hello,

Thank you for replying.

Well I am trying to build an ITK class. I have three CMakeLists.txt files.

1. My code is spread across three directories. Two of them are in the parent
directory called ExamplePipeline3. The other two BasicFilters and Common are
within this parent directory and comprises of .h and .txx files. The problem
I face is that when I run make  it doesn't recognise the files in the
subdirectories BasicFilters and Common. And because of this alot of errors
occur in my code.

1. The First CMakeLists.txt is in a directory called ExamplePipeline3
PROJECT( PrimMinimumSpanningTree )

FIND_PACKAGE ( ITK )

IF ( ITK_FOUND )
   INCLUDE(${USE_ITK_FILE})
ELSE (ITK_FOUND)
   MESSAGE(FATAL_ERROR  "Cannot build without ITK.  Please set ITK_DIR.")
ENDIF( ITK_FOUND )

SUBDIRS(BasicFilters Common)

ADD_EXECUTABLE( PrimMinimumSpanningTree  ....some .txx files and .h files)

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES ( PrimMinimumSpanningTree ITKBasicFilters ITKCommon
ITKIO)

3. The CMakeLists.txt file in BasicFilters :
   PROJECT(BasicFilters)
MESSAGE("ItkGraph BasicFilters")
ADD_EXECUTABLE(BasicFilters ....some .h and .txx files)

IF(UNIX)
  ADD_DEFINITIONS("-LANG:std")
ENDIF(UNIX)
SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(BasicFilters PROPERTIES LINKER_LANGUAGE CXX)
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(BasicFilters)

INSTALL_TARGETS(/lib/ BasicFilters)
INSTALL_FILES(/include/PrimMinimumSpanningTree "\\.h$")

 3. The CMakeLists.txt file in Common :
PROJECT(Common)
MESSAGE("ItkGraph Common")
ADD_EXECUTABL(Common  ...some .h and .txx files)

IF(UNIX)
  ADD_DEFINITIONS("-LANG:std")
ENDIF(UNIX)
SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(Common PROPERTIES LINKER_LANGUAGE CXX)
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(Common)
INSTALL_TARGETS(/lib/ Common)
INSTALL_FILES(/include/PrimMinimumSpanningTree "\\.h$")

Would it be possible for you to tell me where I have gone wrong. Those files
in Common and BasicFilters had not been compiled before.

Sincerely,

Sonali Barua.