[Insight-users] example of using BalloonForceFilter

Alexandre GOUAILLARD Alexandre.Gouaillard at Sun.COM
Tue Sep 19 11:04:40 EDT 2006

Alexander.Wang wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Does anybody have an example of using BalloonForceFilter? Or used this
> class before?

dear alexander,

As I told you yesterday, you have an exemple of segmentation using 3D
active surface in InsightApplications. Refer to my previous e-mail for
details. In this example a class derived from BalloonForceFilter is used
(tailored to compute forces on simplex meshes with Delingette 97's paper
algorithm).

> There is so few information of using it. Any info is welcome.

You will find more details in this class documentation than in its parent's:
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1DeformableSimplexMesh3DFilter.html#_details
You are anyway welcome to read the source code when documentation is not
complete enough for you. It's always enlighting.

For someone that has been using ITK since at least may, you seems quite
unaware of the material at your disposal.
from the documentation webpage (http://www.itk.org/HTML/Documentation.htm)
you can go to the tutorial webpage (http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm)
then please take a look at the segmentation methods overview (from slide
60 on). You could also take a look at clinical application section 9.4
(segmentations methods) and more specifically section 9.4.4.

hoping this will help.

alex.