[Insight-users] narrow band level set implementation in ITK?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Sep 17 20:49:31 EDT 2006

Hi Bis,

Yes,

There are filters in ITK based on the Narrow Band approach.

You may want to look at

   itkNarrowBandLevelSetImageFilter
   itkNarrowBandCurvesLevelSetImageFilter
   itkNarrowBandThresholdSegmentationLevelSetImageFilter

You will find them in the directory:

             Insight/Code/Algorithms

Note that in ITK the level set filters they implemented by
pairing a "LevelSetImageFilter" and a "LevelSetFunction".

The LevelSet filters indeed recompute the Speed image. Look for
example at itkLaplacianSegmentationLevelSetFunction.

There is a large family of Level Set methods in ITK, it is likely
that you will find one that is closer to the approach that you
want to implement, and you may find possible to modify the code
without large amounts of effort.

Please let us know if you have further questions,