[Insight-users] Re: [Insight-developers] IJ Volunteers : THE MATRIX : RED PILL

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Sat Sep 16 19:06:45 EDT 2006

Hi Luis,

You're wrong, I'm not more a developer than before, and the write access
to ITK cvs is just shortening the time needed to fix some bugs, but it
doesn't make any difference regarding the code contribution process. I
will not take the freedom to put in the toolkit all the nice work we can
find in the IJ, even if cvs would let me do that. That's something only
you can do. "The term developers" was surely badly chosen - please replace
it with something better, like "people in ITK developers who are choosing
how to get code contibutions in the toolkit".

For me, open access and peer review are an evidence: they are the future
of science publication. In the mean time, ITK is loosing a part of its
active community.
The red pill can be difficult to take if too few people are taking it at
the same time

Gaetan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann