[Insight-users] 2D boundary tracking

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Fri Sep 15 13:15:07 EDT 2006

I wrote such a filter to fill this need in ITK several months ago. It
currently resides (some might say languishes), along  with many other
useful filters, on the InsightJournal.

Get the files at:
http://hdl.handle.net/1926/165

It applies a classic contour-extraction method (the 2d equivalent of
marching cubes) to an image and gives back a set of
itk::PolyLineParametricPath objects. To get contours from a binary
image, you should set the contour value parameter to halfway between
the inside and outside intensity.

Zach Pincus

Program in Biomedical Informatics and Department of Biochemistry
Stanford University School of Medicine