[Insight-users] Still about DICOM TAG

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Sep 14 09:47:29 EDT 2006

Hi Xiao,

The warning message about

   "identifier was truncated to '255'
   characters in the debug information"

It is just a "feature" of Visual Studio.
An annoying one, for sure.

This is a Microsoft problem, not an ITK one.
(Sorry).

You will get that message by just trying to
use STL in a 4 lines test program that is
compiled for debug.

You can disable this warning by adding:

   #if defined(_MSC_VER)
   #pragma warning ( disable : 4786 )
   #endif

This warning is unrelated to the problem that
you report in the second part of your email.

----------

Your actual problem seems to be related to the
reading of the DICOM header of a file.

Have you verified the integrity of that DICOM
file ?

You can do so with tools such as MRIConvert:

  http://lcni.uoregon.edu/~jolinda/MRIConvert/

or with David Clunie's tools:

   http://www.dclunie.com/dicom3tools.html

If you find the DICOM file to be valid, then,
please send us the file so we can attempt to
reproduce the problem.