[Insight-users] converting to .png format

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Sep 9 16:45:31 EDT 2006

Hi Eric,

In principle PNG is capable of storing the spacing.

However, when experimenting with this, I found that
only the first value of spacing is being considered.

That is, an image with pixel spacing = 0.4 3.0 when
saved in PNG and read back, returns an spacing of

    0.4 0.4

e.g. the Y spacing was overwritten by the X spacing.

this seems to be a bug in the PNG library, because
by looking at the code of the file

        Insight/Code/IO/itkPNGImageIO.cxx

The components of m_Spacing seem to be passed correctly
back and forth to the PNG library. See lines: 379 and 542.

Could you please open a bug report on this issue in the
phpBugTracker ?

        http://public.kitware.com/Bug/index.php