[Insight-users] installation problem with Borland compiler

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Sep 9 16:11:08 EDT 2006

Hi Jean,

ITK 2.8 should work fine with Borland 5.5.

The most common problem with the borland linker is that it
has trouble managing large executables.

In the case of the testing in ITK, every executable has
internally between 50 to 100 functions that correspond to
unit testing.

I will suggest you to simply turn OFF Testing, and build
ITK itself.

In that way the borland linke may be able to manage the
size of the executables.

   Please let us know if you still encounter any problem,