[Insight-users] Do we have to build ITK for both "Release" and "Debug"?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Oct 22 14:23:34 EDT 2006

Hi Daniel,

You shouldn't need to retouch the Cache.

You can modify these settings directly in the CMake GUI.

Aren't you running CMakeSetup.exe ?

----

About BUILD_SHARED_LIBS, please set it to OFF.

This is an option for building DLL (dynamic libraries)
instead of static libraries. But it is only interesting
if you are using the wrapping for Tcl, Python or Java.

Please read the tutorials:

    http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

In particular:

"Getting Started"
http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStartedI-WebPage/img0.html

It will guides you step-by-step through the process of
configuring and building ITK.

You should look at slide 16:

http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStartedI-WebPage/img16.html

That's how the CMake GUI should look like when you are setting
the options.