[Insight-users] Re: Watershed Filter for 3D data

Josh Cates cates at sci.utah.edu
Thu Jul 27 13:48:55 EDT 2006

Hi Vijay,

The watershed algorithm will take a very long time to process detailed
data.  The size of your dataset is less important.  Make sure you have
done the appropriate preprocessing of your data to remove noise and as
many uninteresting features as possible (for example, you might try an
anisotropic diffusion filter with conductance parameters set to preserve
the gradient edges of interest but blur other regions).  I also suggest
tuning parameters on a cropped region of your data before running on
your entire dataset.

hope this helps,

Josh.