[Insight-users] deformable resgistration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Jul 17 11:36:24 EDT 2006

Hi Anne-Laure,

Please read the ITK Software Guide:

   http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

in particular section 8.17 "Point Set Registration",
in pdf-page 520.

The source code examples are available under the
directory:

        Insight/Examples/Patented/
             IterativeClosestPoint1.cxx
             IterativeClosestPoint2.cxx
             IterativeClosestPoint3.cxx

What you will need to do is to replace the Transform
in example IterativeClosestPoint2.cxx with one of the
deformable transforms, such as BSplines or Kernel Splines.

Note that the ICP algorithm is patented by General Motors.

 From the point of view of performance, you probably find
advantageous to use the registration between the point set
and the distance map of the second set, as illustrated in
the example:  IterativeClosestPoint3.cxx