[Insight-users] Pipeline execution when output information depends on input data

Hämäläinen Janne Janne.Hamalainen at hus.fi
Thu Jul 6 07:17:10 EDT 2006

Hi,

I've made a filter that changes the output dimensions based on the data in the input. I know that I need give the correct output regions when pipeline update goes upstream using the GenerateOutputInformation-method, but in my filter the output dimensions are known only after the GenerateData-method is invoked. My question is what is the correct way to handle this situation? I cannot obviously calculate the output regions (RequestedRegion etc.) during the GenerateOutputInformation, because I cannot assume that the input is unchanged. On the otherhand if I update the output regions during GenerateData, the pipeline-mechanism does not work correctly, but I end up giving the original (the regions of the input) to the next filter along the pipeline. I hope I made myself clear, and hope someone can give a hint on how to handle this situation...

Cheers, Janne

--
Janne Hämäläinen
Physicist