[Insight-users] problem with CellularSegmentation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Jan 27 17:57:50 EST 2006

Hi Pavel,

There seems to be a system configuration problem in you computer.

Probably related to X11 .... (?)

You may want to verify first that your system is configured
consistently. This may require some assistance from a local
Mac-Guru.

We will be happy to guide you with the Cellular Algorithms
once your system is up and running again.

As a plan B, you may want to try this applications in a
Linux box, or even a Windows machine, if you have one
at hand.

--

NOTE that the duplicate symbols that you are getting are
related to expat. Both VTK and ITK have expat libraries

It may help to try building both ITK and VTK with static
libraries instead of Shared libraries....

Please let us know what you find.

--------------------
Pavel Tomancak wrote:

 > Hi Louis,
 >
 > I couldn't even compile SNAP. This is what I get.
 >
 > PAvel
 >
 > Linking CXX executable InsightSNAP
 > ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _XML_GetIdAttributeIndex
 > /usr/X11R6/lib/libexpat.1.dylib(xmlparse.o) definition of
_XML_GetIdAttributeIndex
 > /Applications/itk_binary/bin/libITKEXPAT.dylib(xmlparse.o) definition
  of _XML_GetIdAttributeIndex
 > ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _XML_GetInputContext
 > /usr/X11R6/lib/libexpat.1.dylib(xmlparse.o) definition of
_XML_GetInputContext
 > /Applications/itk_binary/bin/libITKEXPAT.dylib(xmlparse.o) definition
  of _XML_GetInputContext
 > ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol
_XML_GetSpecifiedAttributeCount
 > /usr/X11R6/lib/libexpat.1.dylib(xmlparse.o) definition of
_XML_GetSpecifiedAttributeCount
 > /Applications/itk_binary/bin/libITKEXPAT.dylib(xmlparse.o) definition
  of _XML_GetSpecifiedAttributeCount
 > ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _XML_Parse
 > /usr/X11R6/lib/libexpat.1.dylib(xmlparse.o) definition of _XML_Parse
 > /Applications/itk_binary/bin/libITKEXPAT.dylib(xmlparse.o) definition
  of _XML_Parse
 > ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _XML_ParseBuffer
 > /usr/X11R6/lib/libexpat.1.dylib(xmlparse.o) definition of
_XML_ParseBuffer
 > /Applications/itk_binary/bin/libITKEXPAT.dylib(xmlparse.o) definition
  of _XML_ParseBuffer
 > ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _XML_ParserCreate
 > /usr/X11R6/lib/libexpat.1.dylib(xmlparse.o) definition of
_XML_ParserCreate
 > /Applications/itk_binary/bin/libITKEXPAT.dylib(xmlparse.o) definition
  of _XML_ParserCreate

.. snip...