[Insight-users] ITK 64 bit version ?

Atwood, Robert C r.atwood at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Feb 27 12:56:19 EST 2006

I had no particular difficulty compiling on a 64 bit Suse linux 9.1 gcc
3.3.3.  Make sure you have a version more recent than the fix discussed
below, at least if you might output long int data (from watershed
'labelled image' for example) into metafile format.

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/insight-users/2005-November/015506.h
tml

 If you have trouble with gcc on a Linux or Unix macine, you can apply
'verbose makefile' in the advanced options of ccmake and see if it is
trying the wrong librarys, but on mine ccmake and the compiler seem to
find the correct librarys.

Setting  CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS to  -m64  in the advanced options of ccmake
might force a recalcitrant distribution to build the proper version and
link with the proper libraries.

I've no idea about Windows machines.

Hope it helps. ITK developers correct me if I am wrong.

 Robert