[Insight-users] Watershed 3D

Kevin H. Hobbs kevin.hobbs.1 at ohiou.edu
Wed Feb 22 14:08:25 EST 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 18:45 +0100, Remi Vieux wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I hope I wont annoy you too much because I havent gone through the
> documentation in details so far, but is it possible to perform a 3D
> Watershed algorithm with ITK, and if yes, could you give me some hints.
>
> Regards,
> Remi.

I think you just have to change the image dimensions in the example.

Examples/Segmentation/WatershedSegmentation1.cxx

Basically all the 2s become 3s.

  typedef itk::RGBPixel<unsigned char>   RGBPixelType;
  typedef itk::Image<RGBPixelType, 2>    RGBImageType;
  typedef itk::Vector<float, 3>          VectorPixelType;
  typedef itk::Image<VectorPixelType, 2> VectorImageType;
  typedef itk::Image<unsigned long, 2>   LabeledImageType;
  typedef itk::Image<float, 2>           ScalarImageType;

becomes :

  typedef itk::RGBPixel<unsigned char>   RGBPixelType;
  typedef itk::Image<RGBPixelType, 3>    RGBImageType;
  typedef itk::Vector<float, 3>          VectorPixelType;
  typedef itk::Image<VectorPixelType, 3> VectorImageType;
  typedef itk::Image<unsigned long, 3>   LabeledImageType;
  typedef itk::Image<float, 3>           ScalarImageType;