[Insight-users] Question about section 7.12.7 Changing a DICOM Header in the ItkSoftwareGuide

charfeddine amir charfeddine_amir at yahoo.fr
Wed Feb 22 10:34:14 EST 2006

Hi All,
  I ve read section 7 .1 2 .7 Changing a DICOM Header in the ItkSoftwareGuide, but here we change the header of a Dicom Image. In my case, i have to create a new image and then to set some header field, how could i do that?
  I try this but it seems not working :

      DictionaryType & dictionary = m_DiasstoledImage->GetMetaDataDictionary();
      //    m_DiasstoledImage is the new image
      std::string entryId( Dist );
      std::string value;
      value=ltostr(R+RP);
      itk::EncapsulateMetaData<std::string>( dictionary, entryId, value );

      entryId = DistP;
      value=ltostr(R);
      itk::EncapsulateMetaData<std::string>( dictionary, entryId, value );

      entryId = PAngle;
      value=ltostr(PAngleValue);
      itk::EncapsulateMetaData<std::string>( dictionary, entryId, value );

      entryId = SAngle;
      value=ltostr(SAngleValue);
      itk::EncapsulateMetaData<std::string>( dictionary, entryId, value );

      compt++;
      value=ltostr(compt);
      strcpy(m_ProjectionFileName,"projection");
      strcat(m_ProjectionFileName,value.c_str());
      strcat(m_ProjectionFileName,".dcm");
      std::cout<<m_ProjectionFileName<<std::endl;

       m_2DRescaler->SetInput(m_DiasstoledImage);
      m_ImageWriter->SetFileName(m_ProjectionFileName);
      m_ImageWriter->SetInput( m_2DRescaler->GetOutput() );
      m_ImageWriter->SetImageIO( dicomIO );
      m_ImageWriter->Update();

 thx a lot,