[Insight-users] Kideny Segmentation

Emiliano Beronich emiliano at veccsa.com
Tue Feb 21 10:28:13 EST 2006

Thanks for your answer, Luis. I've posted some images.

http://www.veccsa.com/images/thumbs.png

This one presents intensity irregularities inside the kidneys,
http://www.veccsa.com/images/0001602.png

The irregularities inside the kidney change the gradient and add a
potential edge difficult to discriminate without other considerations.

Diffuse edges,
http://www.veccsa.com/images/0002201.png

Different intensities between left and right kidney,
http://www.veccsa.com/images/0003101.png

The final target is to get a contour of the kidney. I hope this images
allows you to get a better idea of the problem. I'm reading about Model
based registration.

Regards,
Emiliano