[Insight-users] Question about resampling and warping

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Feb 20 11:50:40 EST 2006

Hi Rosario,

Thanks for the detailed description of your problem.

Please find some comments below:

1) For visualizing a 3D deformation field, you may want
    to keep using ParaView but before adding Glyphs to the
    vector field, extract a slice from the field by using
    the "Cut" filter.

    In this way you will be able to move the slice back
    and forth, as well as change its orientation, and then
    see the vectors on that slice.  This will prevent vectors
    from other planes to occlude the ones that you are trying
    to examine.

2) The Demons registration method may still work with your
    images, as long as you use the Histogram Matching filter
    before passing the images to the Demons registration filter.

    The Histogram Matching filter is actually compensating
    for the intensity differences between your images.

3) It is very likely that the reason why you don't see anything
    on the deformation field produced by the Demons filter is that
    the vector are too small.  You can easily verify this assumption
    by using the Scale option that ParaView offers in the Glyph menu

    This option will be in the "Parameters" tab, on the "Orient/Scale"
    frame, and with the title:   "Scale Factor".

    Try setting a larger value in this scale factor, and let us know
    if that makes your vectors visible.