[Insight-users] Re: WrapITK: more windows build errors

Gaetan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Wed Feb 15 11:09:59 EST 2006

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:20:28 +0100, Zachary Pincus <zpincus at stanford.edu>
wrote:

>> My Linux build was successful, with ITK-2-4-1 ITK, ITK-2-4 CableSwig
>> and CMake 2.2.3 on Ubuntu 5.04 x86 (g++ 3.3.5), darcs WrapITK (no
>> modifications).
>
> Great! I'm glad something is working.
>
>>   The install does fail however:
>>
>> Running cmake script file cmake_install.cmake
>> -- Installing /usr/local/share/CMake/Modules/FindWrapITK.cmake
>> CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
>> /home/cpbotha/build/WrapITK-gcc/CustomInstall.cmake:2:
>> FILE cannot copy file: /home/cpbotha/build/WrapITK-gcc/InstallOnly/
>> FindWrapITK.c
>> make to directory : /usr/local/share/CMake/Modules.
>> make: *** [install] Error 255
>
> Hmm, that's odd. That directory is probably owned by root, so did you
> 'sudo make install'? Or perhaps the directory doesn't exist? It should,
> since we got the path from CMake itself, so it should be valid.

I think Charl have installed WrapITK in his home directory. Lost of people
may want to install it that way, so we should add an option to disable
installation of FindWrapITK.cmake and WrapITK.pth.

>> If I set up LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PYTHONPATH to point directly to the
>> correct places in the BUILD dir, the new-style wrappings seem to work!
>
> I'm glad it works. Our plan was that setting PYTHONPATH and
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH shouldn't be needed. If you cd to WrapITK-bin/Python/
> and then run python from that directory (or just add that directory to
> the pythonpath), 'import itk' *should* take care of everything behind
> the scenes. Does this not work?
>
> Once you get the install working, then a 'WrapITK.pth' file will be
> installed in your python site-packages folder, so 'import itk' should
> work from anywhere, with absolutely nothing added to the pythonpath.

I also have to change my LD_LIBRARY_PATH in my rpm package, but haven't
took time to find the problem yet.

Gaetan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann