[Insight-users] CableSwig has no ITK-2-4-1 branch/tag

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Mon Feb 13 14:56:00 EST 2006

Charl P. Botha wrote:

>Dear ITKers,
>
>CableSwig doesn't have an ITK-2-4-1 branch tag, so if one has
>CableSwig checked out in the Utilities directory of an ITK checkout,
>and one does (at top-level) a "cvs update -r ITK-2-4-1" to get ITK
>onto that branch, this nukes the CableSwig checkout.  (at least with
>the straight windows port of CVS I have on Windows XP)
>
>The CableSwig DOES have an ITK-2-4 tag, however.
>
>Is this discrepancy deliberate?

Yes.  (http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_How_to_make_a_Release)
With every release of ITK, CableSwig is tagged with the same branchpoint
and release tags. (ITK-2-2, ITK2-4 etc..)
The odd numbers you see, ITK-2-4-1 are not releases (per say). I
understand that a release patch was made, but Cableswig wasn't tagged.
(Entirely upto Brad). Anyway the 2-6 release is today..