[Insight-users] TriangleMeshToBinaryImageFilter algorithm?

Matei Stroila matei.stroila at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 15:11:15 EST 2006

Dear all,

I would like to know what algorithm is the filter
TriangleMeshToBinaryImageFilter using? Do you have any reference on
that?

I need to convert a closed polygonal surface into a binary mask (1
inside and 0 outside the surface, for instance).

As I understand from the documentation, I have three possibilities:
TriangleMeshToBinaryImageFilter, SpatialObjectToImageFilter, or the
vtk filter vtkPolyDataToImageStencil (I am going to ask about that
algorithm on the vtk users list).  TriangleMeshToBinaryImageFilter and
SpatialObjectToImageFilter seems to be essentially the same, as I
understood from a previous post to this list.

TriangleMeshToBinaryImageFilter crashes though on some meshes on which
SpatialObjectToImageFilter gives blank images. I use the latest
release 2.4.1.

Thanks,

Matei