[Insight-users] Changes to CenteredEuler3D transform

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Tue Feb 7 14:29:41 EST 2006

jef vdmb wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am working on a 3D registration, using
> RegularStepGradientDescentOptimizer and CenteredEuler3DTransform. I
> wrote a program using itk 1.8. Recently I upgraded to 2.4. When
> trying to compile my old program with the new toolkit I got a
> exception saying:
>
> Scales is set to 6, but NumberofParameters of the costfunction is 9
>
> There used to be 6 transformparameters for this transform. Does it now
> have 9 (including the position of the center)?

Yes.

> How does this affect the costfunction? What is the sequence of the
> parameters (so I can set the scales correctly), or what do I have to
> change to get my program working with itk 2.4?

At some point in your code, you would have the lines:

optimizer->SetScales( scales );
The scales should be an array of length 9 instead of 6.

PS:
I am not sure about the utility of optimizing both the center and the
translation parameters in the transform.. It just seems like a waste,
since one can achieve the other.. but you might want to play with it,
using the scales to disable one of them to see if it helps.