[Insight-users] running error: vtkCommon.dll was not found

Ming Chao mingchao2005 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 13:39:08 EST 2006

Hi,

I encountered a problem when running my program. The message says: "This
application has failed to start because vtkCommon.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem." I checked this .dll
file does existed in the directory: C:\ITK\InsightToolkit-Binary\bin\Debug.
Also, from this mailing list I saw other ppl had a similar problem. The
answer to this question was to put the directory in the %PATH% and include
it the libaries. I did both and I checked with a HelloWorld test code and It
ran fine. But when I tried to run a real program, this kept happening. My
platform is: WinXP + CMake2.2 + ITK2.2.0 + VC6.0. The following is my
CMakeLists.txt:

# This project is designed to be built outside the Insight source tree.

PROJECT(MyProject)

# Find ITK.

FIND_PACKAGE(ITK)

IF(ITK_FOUND)

INCLUDE(${ITK_USE_FILE})

ELSE(ITK_FOUND)

MESSAGE(FATAL_ERROR

"Cannot build without ITK. Please set ITK_DIR.")

ENDIF(ITK_FOUND)

LINK_LIBRARIES (

ITKBasicFilters

ITKCommon

ITKIO

ITKAlgorithms

ITKFEM

ITKStatistics

)

ADD_EXECUTABLE(MyProject MyCode.cxx )

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(MyProject ITKCommon)

Does anybody have an idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Ming