[Insight-users] Insight Journal submission: problems at everystep of the way.

Miller, James V (GE, Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Thu Feb 2 13:19:19 EST 2006

Julien,

Here are some thoughts on the submission process.  If I recall correctly,
when you do the submission, the user is told that a wizard will walk them
through the steps.  The user is presented with a multiframe window
where the top frame gives the first set of directions, the middle frame
shows a MIDAS interface, and the bottom frame is the finalize section.

The first time I used the system, I completely missed the bottom frame.
I was looking for it and it blended into the background.

One suggestion would be to have two side by side frames.  The left
frame lists ALL the steps and the right frame shows MIDAS.

Another alternative is to use a different background color for the
"wizard" frames to distinguish them from the MIDAS frame.

The ultimate solution would be to abstract the IJ user experience
from the MIDAS system.  The user would never be presented with any MIDAS
screen.  This would include the drop box for the original submission as
well as the drop box for updating a submission.

Jim