[Insight-users] ITK and iterators debugging in Visual Studio 8

Matei Stroila matei.stroila at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 14:50:35 EST 2006

Yes, here it is:

"Debug Assertion Failed!
 Program: ...(my executable)
  File: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\vector
 Line: 238

 Expression: vector iterators incompatible"

This is triggered by a:

writer->Update();

in my code,

and the call stack stops in itk at:

Insight\Code\IO\itkimageioregion.h
Line 170:  same = (m_Index == region.m_Index);

I had the same problem with the watershed segmentation filter, the "
Expression: vector iterators incompatible" came from:

Insight\Code\Common\itk_hashtable.h
Line 947: this->buckets.swap(tmp);

On the other hand, everything works fine in Release mode If I use:
_SECURE_SCL=1
and  _SECURE_SCL_THROWS=1.

Thanks,

Matei