[Insight-users] Fw: Strange exception

Markus Weigert m.weigert at fz-juelich.de
Wed Dec 20 12:24:57 EST 2006

Hi all,

I am using ITK 2.8.1 in conjunction with VTK, FFTW, and FLTK on a
windows XP computer and receive the following runtime exception when
running curvatureregistration filter with mutual information:

itk::ExceptionObject (0161F758)
Location: "unknown"
File: X:\Libraries\InsightToolkit-2.8.1\Code\Common\itkMultiThreader.cxx
Line: 358
leMethodExecute

This occurs although I explicitly set itk::MultiThreader::SetGlobalNumberOfThreads(1)
as first statement in the main method.
However, this error only occurs only on my Desktop machine, on my laptop I never got it.
It also occurs spontaneously after the registration has run for many iterations before
and also after successfully changing resolution levels and setting new parameters on the filter.
Strange enough, I can not trace it back and it appears out of nowhere.
The Windows XP version on the laptop and the PC is the same and the same Service Packs are installed.
Any ideas on this problem and how to solve it???

Best regards,
Markus Weigert