Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: [Insight-users] Inserting 2D image in 3D volume

matthias.honal at uniklinik-freiburg.de matthias.honal at uniklinik-freiburg.de
Tue Dec 5 08:00:23 EST 2006

Hi Gaetan,

thanks for extending the SliceBySliceImageFilter to multiple inputs (and
sorry for my late response to your mail). Right now I solved my problem
without your filter, simply by extracting single slices from the source
voulumes, registering them and finally pasting the transformed slices in
the target volume. This works fine but requires indeed a considerable
amount of programming. So the more elegant solution would be certainly to
use the SliceBySliceImageFilter, however I'm still not sure, whether it is
applicable for my problem. There are 2 little problems I see.

1. Registration, i.e. the transformation of the moving image, requires a
filter chain. First, one needs the registration method (which has to be
assigned an optimizer, a transformation etc. ) and then a resampling filter
which uses the transformation and the obtained parameters to transform the
moving image. How would one pass such a filter chain to the
SliceBySliceImageFilter?

2. itk::ImageRegistrationMethod has methods SetFixedImage and
SetMovingImage which set attributes m_FixedImage and m_MovingImage. However
the SliceBySliceImageFilter calls m_Filter->SetInput( i, internalInputs[i]
); which does not set these attributes to my understanding.

So can the SliceBySlice image filter exclusively be used in connection with
actual filters, or can a 'special' task such as image registration be
handeled as well?

Thanks a lot,

Matthias

             "Gaetan Lehmann"
             <gaetan.lehmann at j
             ouy.inra.fr>                                               An
                                        "Luis Ibanez"
             27.11.2006 11:39           <luis.ibanez at kitware.com>,
                                        matthias.honal at uniklinik-freiburg.
                                        de
                                                                     Kopie
                                        insight-users at itk.org
                                                                     Thema
                                        Re: Antwort: Re: [Insight-users]
                                        Inserting 2D image in 3D volume

Hi Matthias,

SliceBySliceImageFilter now supports several inputs and outputs of same
size and type.
In the future, it should be possible to relax the condition on size if
needed, but not I don't think it should be possible to relax condition on
type.

http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr/darcs/contrib-itk/sliceBySlice/itkSliceBySliceImageFilter.h

http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr/darcs/contrib-itk/sliceBySlice/itkSliceBySliceImageFilter.txx

And there is also the solution proposed by Luis - I was to busy making ads

for my filters to reply to your question :-)

Gaetan