[Insight-users] Re: Image or Mesh to Tubes

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Wed Aug 2 08:14:05 EDT 2006

Thank you for your comments.

On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 07:22 -0400, Luis Ibanez wrote:
> You may want to get in touch with Julien Jomier and Stephen Aylward
> (cc in this email). They developed most of the Spatial Objects hierarchy
> in ITK, and they have been working in using the TubeSpatialObject for
> representing vascular trees by doing Model-to-Image registration.

I definitely look forward to their input.

> For some background on Model-to-Image registration, you may want to
> look at the final section of the Image Registration chapter in the
> ITK Software Guide

I'll reread that chapter. I was initially worried that adding branches
would change the number of parameters in a model, and might really make
optimization interesting. Now that I've slept on it however, I suppose
there's no reason that one piece couldn't be fit at a time, and added to
the tree.