[Insight-users] Re: Importing image data from a byte array

Chris Farmer cfarmer at scitegic.com
Wed Sep 7 18:09:12 EDT 2005

Hi.  I've seen all the ImageFileReader stuff, but I don't have a file,
and I'd prefer not to create one.  Ever.  I've built the source tree and
have run many of the examples, and I can certainly get my example PNG
files into an itk Image and back out again in any of various formats
using the standard reader/writer classes.  Maybe I'm pre-optimizing
unnecessarily here, but it seemed reasonable to me to expect that I
could just use my in-memory representation of a PNG in one way or
another.  In the application I'm trying to put together, throughput is
probably the most important factor, so writing a potentially large
buffer to a file just so I can read it again into some other buffer
seems quite wasteful.

Thanks,
Chris