[Insight-users] NeighborhoodOperator

l franz l.franz25 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 14:28:41 EDT 2005

Hi everybody,

I want to create a neighborhood operator which inherits of
"NeighborhoodOperator" class. My operator will weight each pixels of a
NDimensional neighborhood through a kind of inner product (the output of
this inner product will be a neighborhood with weighted pixels). So my
operator performs on all the neighborhood (and not in a particular
direction) and its size is equal to the neighborhood size.

So, my operator is not directional. In this case and if I understand well
the documentation, I have to implement two methods:
1. GenerateScalarCoefficients
2. ScalarFill

So, I don't need to implement the "GenerateCoefficients" and "Fill" methods
(for directional operators) like in GaussianOperator or in
DerivativeOperator.

But, I don't know how to create the "GenerateScalarCoefficients" and
"ScalarFill" methods. What do they have in input arguments? What do they
return? Do they have to call a particular method inherited from
NeighborhoodOperator??

I think that "GenerateScalarCoefficient" method is similar to
"GenerateCoefficients" method. It takes no input argument and return a
"CoefficientVector" with the desired coefficients.
But I have no ideas of how to implement the "ScalarFill" method.

Does someone know about it? Or does anybody know where I can find an exemple
of an non-directional neighborhood operator??

Thanks,
Cheers,

Franz