[Insight-users] please help with FFTW

Renaud Isabelle renauisa at yahoo.fr
Fri Oct 28 13:28:38 EDT 2005

First of all, thank you bery much for replying.

- my 3 files fftw3.h, fftw3.lib and fftw3.dll are in the same directory C:\FFTW3_LIBRARIES.

- once I got them, I modify my FindFFTW3.cmake as reported. Here is my FindFFTW3.cmake:

IF (USE_FFTW)

SET(FFTW_INC_SEARCHPATH

/usr/include

/usr/include/fftw

/usr/local/include

/usr/local/include/fftw

)

SET(FFTW_LIB_SEARCHPATH

/usr/lib

/usr/lib/fftw

/usr/local/lib

/usr/local/lib/fftw

)

FIND_PATH(FFTW_INCLUDE_PATH fftw3.h ${FFTW_INC_SEARCHPATH})

IF(FFTW_INCLUDE_PATH)

  SET(FFTW_INCLUDE ${FFTW_INCLUDE_PATH})

ENDIF (FFTW_INCLUDE_PATH)

FIND_LIBRARY(FFTW_LIB_PATH fftw3 ${FFTW_LIB_SEARCHPATH})

IF(FFTW_LIB_PATH)

  SET(FFTW_LIB ${FFTW_LIB_PATH})

ENDIF (FFTW_LIB_PATH)

IF(FFTW_INCLUDE)

  IF(FFTW_LIB)

    SET(FFTW_FOUND 1)

  ENDIF (FFTW_LIB)

ENDIF(FFTW_INCLUDE)

IF(FFTW_FOUND)

   INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES( ${FFTW_INCLUDE})

   LINK_LIBRARIES( ${FFTW_LIB} )//modification

   ADD_DEFINITIONS(-DUSE_FFTW)

   SET(FFTW_DIR .)

ENDIF (FFTW_FOUND)

MARK_AS_ADVANCED(FFTW_INCLUDE_PATH FFTW_LIB_PATH)

ENDIF (USE_FFTW)

-then, I use CMake to enable FFTW in ITK: with USE_FFTW = ON

- after that, I use CMake to config my own project. Here is my CMakeLists.txt for this project:

PROJECT(Project)

ADD_DEFINITIONS(-D_AFXDLL)

SET(CMAKE_MFC_FLAG 6)

SET(SOURCES ...)

IF(WIN32)
  LINK_LIBRARIES(wsock32)
ENDIF(WIN32)

#to use ITK
FIND_PACKAGE(ITK)
IF(ITK_FOUND)
 INCLUDE(${ITK_USE_FILE})
ELSE(ITK_FOUND)
 MESSAGE(FATAL ERROR
        "ITK not found. Please set ITK_DIR.")
ENDIF(ITK_FOUND)

#to use VTK
FIND_PACKAGE(VTK)
IF(VTK_FOUND)
         INCLUDE(${USE_VTK_FILE})
ELSE(VTK_FOUND)
 MESSAGE(FATAL ERROR
        "VTK not found. Please set VTK_DIR.")
ENDIF(VTK_FOUND)

#to use FFTW
SET(USE_FFTW 1)
FIND_PACKAGE( FFTW )

SET(ITK_LIBRARIES ITKBasicFilters ITKCommon ITKIO ITKAlgorithms)
SET(VTK_LIBRARIES vtkRendering  vtkGraphics vtkHybrid
    vtkImaging vtkIO vtkFiltering vtkCommon vtkWidgets)
SET(FFTW3_LIBRARIES fftw3)

ADD_EXECUTABLE(Project WIN32 ${SOURCES})

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(Project  ${ITK_LIBRARIES} ${VTK_LIBRARIES}
                               ${FFTW3_LIBRARIES})

With CMake, I got the following error, CMake Error: FFTW_DIR is set to C:\FFTW3 which is not a directory containing FFTWConfig.cmake.

And now, I am still locked there. Of course, I look for this FFTWConfig.cmake but couldn't find it.

Do you see something wrong?

Isabelle

Hans Johnson <hans-johnson at uiowa.edu> a écrit :
Renaud,

The FFTWConfig.cmake has only been tested to work automatically on unix based build systems.  This is not necessarily a problem, it just means that you will have to use cmake to explicitly define where you versions of the libraries and includes are.

I have no experience with how fftw works under windows, so you will have to figure out those details on your own.

The first thing you should do is to Building/Install and test the windows FFTW installation with respect to your environment.  This is outside of the scope of ITK and you will need to consult the fftw documentation.   After you can demonstrate that fftw installed and working correctly, you will be able to provide information to this list that may help in resolving the issue.

At the moment, we would need to know at least the following:
  What is the complete error message given?
  What do you mean by “project failed to build because of FFTWConfig.cmake”?  (Is there a dependancy problem, is the compiler trying to compile this file, is the file corrupt, does cmake fail, does visual studio fail)
  What have YOU done to try to resolve this problem?  What information have YOU collected in attempting to resolve the problem?  What is YOUR hypothesis about what is wrong?

Regards,
Hans