[Insight-users] ITK in Dev-Cpp LINKING ERROR

Yonas T. W. yonas.t at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 14:36:21 EDT 2005

Dear all,

May someone over there help please.

I asked yesterday on how to configure ITK for Dev-Cpp. After googling for
hours; I have successfully done it (at least I guess!)

Here is what I did.

1. Installed Cmake
2. Run it from ITK source directory
3. Chose source and destination directories. Also chose Build for Linux
Makefiles (Because Dev-Cpp uses g++, I thought that is correct, is it?)
4. Clisked on Configure and then OK (just accepting the default parameters)
5. Went to http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_HelloInsight, got the simplest
example there
6. Followed the instruction there and built it using Cmake, again following
the same procedure as I did in 2 above.
7. So far so good. No error message no whatever.
8. Went to the directory where "Makefile" is stored, and executed it.
9. Building dependencies was successful. No Error
10. Bulding object file was ok. No error

However,

11. Building EXECUTABLE FILE is giving me error saying "CAN NOT FIND ITK
COMMON"

May anyone help please. I would like also to inform you that when the ITK
was built, a directory named BIN is created but is empty. Can it be the
source of the Problem?

P.S.:- For the sake of completeness, I also tried to build from scratch ITK
with the CMAKE.exe program of CMAKE because by default it takes the MAKE
program of Dev-Cpp. But it didn't help. Everything goes well (1 to 10 above)
but 11 remains the same. Another thing is I tried to change c++ to g++ in
the Cmake configure and still 1 to 10 above work well, but problem 11
remains.

Any solution please? Your help will be greately appreciated!

Yonas
http://isiosf.isi.it/~yonas