[Insight-users] ITK-VTK

Leila baghdadi baghdadi at sickkids.ca
Fri May 27 14:26:51 EDT 2005

1. Make sure you have the current cvs checkout of both
Insight
InsightApplications
~/InsightApplications]$ find ./* -name "itkImageToVTKImageFilter.h"
./Auxiliary/vtk/itkImageToVTKImageFilter.h
There are some cxx files in the above directory which will show you how
to use these classes

2. You can also check the applications in InsightApplications some of
them do have this functionality implemented specifically the one I did
DeformableModelSimplexMesh

look at file DeformableModelApplication.cxx and check "loadMesh"

it reads in itk image and converts it to vtk for sending to marhing
cubes algorithm

HTH