[Insight-users] FW: How to convert VersorRigid3DTransform to vtkTransform

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu May 26 22:10:42 EDT 2005

Hi Yu,

It seems that thanks to your detailed description, you
provided the answer to your problem in your own message:

"> But SPM integrates spacing info into the rotation 3X3 matrix."

This seems to be the key to the problem that you are facing.

ITK *DOES NOT* incorporates the compensation for pixel spacing
into the Transform that results from the registration.  The
reason is that image registration in ITK is done in physical
units, not in the image grid.

You will find a detailed description of this issue in the
ITK Software Guide

        http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

Section 8.3.2 "Registration is done in Physical Space"
pdf-page 319.