[Insight-users] FW: How to convert VersorRigid3DTransform to vtkTransform

Yu Qi felix_china at yahoo.com.cn
Thu May 26 17:23:01 EDT 2005

Hi Luis,

Thank you!

In SPM, the equations to transform the moving image is as follows
x1=R00*x+R01*y+R02*z+Trans0
y1=R10*x+R11*y+R12*z+Trans1
z1=R20*x+R21*y+R22*z+Trans2

But SPM integrates spacing info into the rotation 3X3 matrix.

I compared the result from ITK and the one from SPM,
I found ITKrotation*ITKspacing is very close to the Ratation matrix in SPM and the translations are also very close.

But I can not obtain a good transform in SPM using ITK result.
Do you think there will be other reasons for this? like the interpolation method (default setting in SPM is linear and I use linear in ITK)?

Best regards,
Yu Qi

Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com> дµÀ£º

Hi Yu,

I'm not familiar enough with SPM to give you a good advice here.

But in general the part that needs to be transposed is just the
3x3 Matrix containing the rotational part of the transform.

This may or may not be enough for SPM, you may end up needing a
full 4x4 transpose.

Note that you don't necessarily need to transpose the transform.
This is only if you find that the representation of the transform
in ITK uses a different standard from the one present in SPM.

Sorry for not being of much help in this issue,

Yu Qi wrote:

> [...]
>

> However, before we go there, could you please
> share with us the evidence that lead you to think
> that the transformation is not correct ?
>

> If you are obtaining the Versor transform as the
> result of an image registration process in ITK,
> chances are that you are being confused by the
> direction in which Transforms are computed in ITK.
>

> Please let us know,
>

> Thanks
>

> Luis
>

> -------------------
> Toon Huysmans wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >

> > I have registered two images and I have the result in a
> > VersorRigid3DTransform, now I would like to transform some
> vtkPolyData
> > using this transform. I believe! that VersorRigid3DTransform
> contains a
> > rotation (the versor) and a translation, so I set up a 4x4 matrix,
> > containing the rotation and translation as follows:
> >
> > | R11 R12 R13 Tx |
> >
> > | R21 R22 R23 Ty |
> >
> > | R31 R32 R33 Tz |
> >
> > | 0 0 0 1 |
> >

> > I get the rotation matrix R using
> > VersorRigid3DTransform::GetRotationMatrix
> > ,
> > and the translation part using VersorRigid3DTransform::GetOffset
> > .
> > Then I use vtkTransform::SetMatrix to set the transform for the
> > polydata, and I use
> >
> > vtkTransformPolyDataFilter to transform the polydata. But the
> resul! t is
> > not as expected, i.e. the transformation is not correct.
> >

> > Does anyone have any clues on how to do it the right way?
> >

> > Many thanks,
> >

> > Toon Huysmans.
> >

> > ¥                                                     ?lt;br>>
> > ?Postal Address: ?lt;br>>
> > ? ?lt;br>>
> > ?Vision Lab, Department of Physics ?lt;br>>
> > ?University of Antwerp (CMI) ?lt;br>>
> > ?Groenenborgerlaan 171 (U306) ?lt;br>>
> > ?B-2020 Antwerp, Belgium ?lt;br>>
> > °€EUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUR?lt;br>>
> > ?Tel: +32 (0) 3 265 32 24 ?lt;br>>
> > °€EUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUR?lt;br>>
> > ?Fax: +32 (0) 3 265 33 18 ?lt;br>>
> > °€EUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUR?lt;br&g! t;>
> > ?Email: toon.huysmans at ua.ac.be
> > ?lt;br>>
> > °€EUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUREUR?lt;br>>
> > ?Web: http://webhost.ua.ac.be/visielab/staff/tohu/ ?lt;br>>
> > «                                                     ?lt;br>>

150ÍòÇúMP3·è¿ñËÑ£¬´øÄú´³ÈëÒôÀÖµîÌÃ